hmm try this
This is most likely your antivirus program (eg. McAfee Total Protection) blocking Chrome from accessing the internet. The firewall is blocking Google Chrome because the antivirus program no longer recognizes it - even though it is on the list of permitted programs. To fix this problem:
1. Click on Firewall > Settings
2. Click on Program Permissions
3. Click Google Chrome & the Delete button
4. Click the Add button
5. Browse for the Google Chrome.exe file (it should be in your User folder>App Data>Local>Google>Chrome>Application
6. Add the program and you're done!